Suffolk IDA COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 has interrupted our way of life and presented an unprecedented challenge to our world. Suffolk County is working tirelessly and in lockstep with Nassau County and New York State to do everything possible to help support businesses in our region during these times.
The Suffolk IDA, Empire State Development, and numerous stakeholders have outlined up-to-date guidance and resources for all relevant constituents. The situation is changing by the hour, but the Suffolk IDA is committed to providing necessary messages and information for businesses. The links below are a list of resources to help businesses get through the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to the responses from local governments and agencies, there have been inspiring and heartwarming stories of both Long Island residents and businesses helping one another. Collaborative support from the community will continue to be vital throughout these trying times. Please check back here frequently and reach out to Tony Catapano, Executive Director, and Kelly Murphy, Deputy Executive Director if you have any questions.
For any web pages or messages listed on this page that are not translated into a language you or your workers need, please click here for instructions on how to use Google Translate to translate text and web pages.
- The SCIDA COVID-19 Sales Tax Equipment Relief Program: Businesses can earn up to $100,000 in sales tax exemptions for producing, or retrofitting operations to produce, much-needed personal protective equipment and other coronavirus treatment- and prevention-related products. Please visit the program’s page for more info.
- The New York Forward Loan Fund (see flyer) is a new economic recovery loan program designed to help small businesses and landlords and nonprofits who have not received SBA loans and financial assistance as they reopen from NYS on PAUSE. Potential applicants are encouraged to check if they are eligible or see what phase of reopening their business is in. For those who are ready to apply, applications are available here. FAQs and technical assistance for the NY Forward Loan Application process are also available.
- As Long Island reopens, Discover Long Island is asking residents and businesses to take the Be Safe Pledge. Learn more about the pledge and its initiatives and guidelines to keep Long Islanders safe here.
- On www.suffolkcountyny.gov/bru you can find: Business Impact Survey, Suffolk County’s Business Recovery Plan, Information on Suffolk County’s Business Recovery Unit, Operational Restrictions/Closures for Employers, Employer Resources, and Workforce Support Links.
- Suffolk County and the Suffolk IDA are aware of the toll a public health and economic crisis can have on mental health. If you, a family member or a friend need help or someone to talk to please visit here.
- The hardest part of the pandemic is the tremendous loss many of us are experiencing. Please take a look at these bereavement support groups and resources if you, or a fellow Long Islander, may be in need of support.
- For the latest information and frequent updates on COVID-19 from New York State Empire State Development, please visit here
- Submission form from New York State Empire State Development for COVID-19-related business questions
- New York Attorney General COVID-19 Application For Suspension Of Debt Collection Activity
- International Economic Development Council Resources for Economic Development Planning and Recovery
- For business information and unemployment insurance and benefits, please visit NYS DOL’s website:
- Sign up for the latest COVID-19 updates from New York State
- To apply for funding from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Economic Impact Disaster Loan on the SBA website, please visit here or check your eligibility
- For all updates from SBA and information on small business loans, please visit here
- For more information on SBA Disaster Loans, please visit ESD’s presentation on SBA Disaster Loans and the New York Declaration 16363 Fact Sheet.
- For all updates from the CDC and interim guidance for employers and small businesses, please visit here
- Workforce Development Institute (WDI) is also actively trying to assist business throughout these difficult times.
- Please visit HIA-LI’s website for updates and assistance for businesses during COVID-19.
- The LIA is helping Long Island and its businesses get through COVID-19.
- Discover LI COVID-19 updates and community partners can be found here